PapiMami

Monday, December 06, 2004

Missing Yiyi

"Do you think a mother will cry when she saw her own daughter crying?"

Mami asked me one night, her voice choked with emotion. I can see tears welling in her eyes. Yiyi was crying in her GrandMa's arm, behind the AutoGate, while we were in the car, getting ready to drive back to our house.

"Of course, she will. For a mother , seeing your own child crying and yet, you cannot do anything to comfort her is very heart wrenching."

Mami was silent. I can see she was trying hard to fight the tears back.

"Don't worry, we will be back tomorrow. She will be fine with her GrandPa and GrandMa. She will soon forgotten and will be running around happily in no time." I tried to comfort her. She nodded.

I started to drive, while Mami made a few glances over her shoulder to catch a glimpse of Yiyi. I know she has started to miss her. Yes, Papi miss you too.