PapiMami

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Crashed!

What a week!! I was computer-less for almost 4 days. Thus no emails and blogs.

I came back from the weekend break and my computer in the office crashed! And coincidentally, another colleague had the same problem as mine, and the same symptom too. Windows just refused to start.

The first thing that came to my mind was it's a virus attack. A worm, maybe. That started a frantic scan of all the computers in the office for viruses. At the same time, I troubleshoot my own PC. But most of my scans turned up negative. No virus or worm, except for a couple of adwares.

And it turned out, my problem and my colleague's were completely unrelated. Meaning, it was not caused by a virus. After 3 days, I found out that my PC crashed was due to an antivirus software. Although I haven't figure out why, but after removing the program, I managed to start my computer.

And I'm still working on my colleague's PC. I think it's hardware related. ?? :)