PapiMami

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Conspiracy Theory

Since I was a teenager, I am always fascinated with the world of the weird, strange, and mystery. I read books and watched shows on UFOs, Big Foot, monsters, ghosts and all that is unexplained. So yesterday, when I stumbled upon a show on Star Channel (channel 70) on Astro, I was excited.

The show "Conspiracy Theory: Did we land on the moon?". It is a 1-hour show by Fox presenting all the evidence from both sides as well as NASA. Since we just came back from visiting Yiyi in my parent's house, I missed the first half of the show.

Anyway, I already knew most of the arguments of the conspiracy theorists: the doctored pictures, the waving American flags in a vacuum atmosphere on the moon, the multiple lighting found on the moon as evidence in the pictures, and the radiation in the Van Allen belt that could fried an astronaut in seconds, and the heat storm from the sun. But this show provides more. There were films footage and photographs to back the conspiracy theorists claims. NASA was fighting back with their evidence, the moon rocks.

One of the evidence that riddled me is the cross-hairs that were permanently etched into the lunar cameras between the film and the lens. It actually served to provide an estimate of distant in the photo and it would have to appear on top of every image.

But in this photo, a crosshair is behind a part of the lunar rover.

All in all, the show provides good entertainment but no conclusion. Viewers were asked to make their own decision based on the arguments presented in the show.

Some of the viewers/debunkers who think that man indeed made it to the moon in the 60s and 70s, have this and this to say.