PapiMami

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Ant Attack

The nightmare of every house owners. Termites.

Last Tuesday, I was preparing to leave for work when I stepped on something dust/sand-like substance in our store room beneath the staircase. I didn't pay much attention to it, thinking it was dust. But when I stepped on it again few moments later, I decided to check it out.

To my horror, termites has decided to invade my store room. I have a few bags of clothing and some souvenirs from China, including a wooden framed stitch-work and a framed metal bells. Both were damaged. Arrghh...... Thinking that only the two bags were affected, we left for work.

That night, when we came back we decided to check out other things in the store room. OMG. It was like the whole colony was in my little store room. They must have been there for quite some time. It just that we didn't noticed it since it was actually behind some cabinets. We have to remove the cabinets to realise how serious it was. Two of my cabinet racks were damaged, a shoe rack, some boxes have been eaten by termites, some books as well, it was an ugly sight.

So for the last 2 days we have been battling with termites, cleaning up the store room, and our stuff in there. Few cans of insecticide has been emptied. Our living hall looks like a war zone now. We have moved everything out of the store room and put them in the living room. It's amazing how many stuff that the little store room can store. It was fortunate that some of the important documents were left uneaten. And the battle is not over yet.

Looks like our wallet will become lighter few thousand ringgit. *sigh* Gonna look for pest control service.... *sigh sigh*