PapiMami

Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Da Vinci Code review

As I posted earlier, we watched The Da Vinci Code last night. Our first movie of 2006 LOL!!

Mami managed to get the couple seats. I didn't like the normal seats, it's not comfortable, especially if u have a stranger at your side, trying to get hold of the arm-rest. The only drawback is that the couple seats are located at the back of the cinema. So, you have to climb up the stairs to the top, and then you will be looking down to the screen, instead of looking up.

As usual, the 6pm movie started at 6.20pm. We bought lots of food in there; hotdogs, sweet corn, popcorn, soda, and cheezel. They allow hotdogs nowadays in the cinema?

I am actually not good in reviewing a movie. Any movie is a good movie to me. I can watch The Last Action Hero over and over and over again and still say it's good. I can watch P.Ramlee over and over and over again, and still laugh at the joke. Heck, sometime I even laugh even before the joke is executed.

But this movie is an OK movie. Not really excellent, not really awesome, just OK. But not bad either. You can't feel the fast paced, page-turner action thriller in this movie, as in the book. In the book I always wanted to know what going to happen next and to solve the next puzzle. It's not here in the movie. Maybe because I have already read the book, so I already know what's going to happen. Maybe. It's more like a complement to the book, like the Illustrated version of the book. It helps you to visualise the events in the book.

All in all, it's average. A 'B'. A 2.5 out of 5. I was actually hoping for a more intelligent-looking Sophie Noveu.

Updated: I was really impressed that the movie was shown in it's entirety i.e. not cuts by the censorship board. Can see bare butt (Silas's) also wor.