PapiMami

Monday, May 22, 2006

Late Bonus

Wow! I have been really busy for the past 2 weeks, with multiple projects running at the same time. No time for reading blogs, no time for writing blog, no time for anything, except work, work work. *sigh* My apology.

Just wanted to share with you something that happened to me a week ago.

Last week, I was at the ATM machine wanted to check my very very small account balance. I am one of those people who don't believe in Internet Banking, or Phone-Banking. There I was, standing in front of the machine, punched a few numbers, chose a few menu options, expected to see the familiar 'not-so-much' amount.

I was stunned by what I saw!

My account was 5 times more than the amount I expected.

I just stood there, not believing my eyes, stared at those numbers.

"It can't be true. There must be some sort of a mistake. Is this the right account? Did I remember correctly my account balance? It can't be that much? Is this a joke?"

The ATM started to beep, telling me to do something. It has timeout waiting for an action from me.

"OK, let me check again. Maybe this time, it'll show the correct amount", I thought.

The second time, it still showed the same amount.

"Well, it can't be my salary. It's the middle of the month! And my company don't bank-in directly. I received my salary in cheques."

I told Mami about it, and she suggested maybe my company has bank-in a sum of money. Like a late bonus. A very late bonus.

It turned out to be true. The company has made some money from one of the projects that I was involved in, and decided to share it's profit with it's employees.

This is exactly one of the reasons why I was still with them for 8 years!


p.s. Mami and I went to Taman Negara a couple of weeks back, and I have yet to download my photos! Arrgghhh....got to find time to do it! Will share with u guys in my next post. Hopefully. :)