PapiMami

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Thorny Beauty

Have you ever seen the flower of a cactus before?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is the smallest cactus we have. One stalk.

OK, how about two stalks of cactus flower on a single cactus plant?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

How about 6?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The most we had were 8 on a single plant. These flowers bloom only in the early morning, and only for a few hours. My dad snapped these photos before he went to work.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We bought it many years ago. That time, cactus planting was a craze, I think back in the end of 80s. I bought one, my brother bought one and my parents bought one. Mine survive and is still around, and those in the photos are the 'great grand child'. Nice, eh?